The Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University, also known as Bhagalpur University, is a premier institution for providing higher education in the state of Bihar. The university is situated in Bhagalpur town of Bihar State in India and is named after famous freedom fighter Tilka Manjhi. Established on 12 July 1960, it is a public university sprawled within 264 acres of lush green campus ideal for teaching and learning. The university has 9 Faculties, 36 Teaching Departments, 5 Research Centres and 30 Constituent Colleges, besides affiliated to it 24 Colleges and 15 B.Ed. Colleges.
The university harbours a sound academic ambience with its highly qualified and dedicated faculty staff to provide quality teaching and research in various disciplines of humanities, arts, social sciences and modern science. Great scientists of international repute like Prof. K.S. Bilgrami, Prof. J.S Datta Munshi and the famous poet and writer Padma Vibhshan Shri Ramdhari Singh Dinkar have served this university in various capacities.
Education is a powerful tool to drive societal transformation and to build advanced knowledge society to meet the challenges of 21st century.
- Quality, access, equity and accountability are the four pillars of knowledge revolution.
- Generation, acquisition, possession and application of knowledge serve as foundation for building a strong and developed information society.
- Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University aspires to become India’s most energetic and responsive university to produce highly skilled graduates and post graduates, to make them a scholarly community in Humanities, Arts, Social Sciences and Modern Science with full competence in their chosen professions, and also individuals of high character, probity and honour who would preserve and foster the cultural heritage of India.
Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University strives hard to explore for knowledge and wisdom, to achieve excellence in higher education, to emerge as a premier university of the country at par with the best universities of the world in terms of programmes offering, curriculum framework, facilitating accessible and affordable quality education to attain affirmative mindset and to develop scholarly, intellectual and professional skills among the students who can serve as responsible citizens of the global community, imbibing human values.
- The university tends to accomplish status of quality research-intensive university addressing regional and national needs by having integration with other premier teaching and research institutions.
- It tends to discover, integrate, contribute and apply knowledge towards societal and community development
- The university would employ the strategy of proactive management of administration with high quality governance with efficiency, transparency and accountability.